Friday, March 05, 2004

Warning: Rant Ahead

I couldn't really believe this when I first read it, but it's true.

Online service, oh really? Worship, prayer and scripture...All the perks of a church service with none of the fellowship...Am I missing something here? I mean, isn't fellowship the main reason for gathering as a church in the first place? This way we can be even more detached from those we should be building up, learning from, and holding accountable.....

Wait, let me check....No, Hebrews 10:25 still says (emphasis mine):

not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

Sheesh....and how are you supposed to take communion? Break out the Wonder Bread and Juicy Juice at home? I don't think that's what is meant by childlike faith....

No comments:

Post a Comment