Saturday, March 06, 2004

The Passion Revisited

I went and saw The Passion again tonight. This time I'm not going to wait to write about it. In fact, I walked right in and sat down to do this...no distractions this time.

This time I was able to go with a friend who I have been wanting to go with since the movie came out. I was really hoping that the movie would impact her in some way. I realized on the way home that I needed to see it again as well. I feel as if the first time I went, it was more as watching a movie for a movie's sake. I was continually impressed by how beautifully done the story was and how certain aspects were portrayed. I kept looking for scenes wondering how Gibson was going to interpret them, how they would transpose to screen.

I left the movie the first time thinking it was wonderfully and powerfully done. But I think the first time 'round I was more interested in method than message. This time, I didn't have that to distract me. I was able to catch little things that completely blew me away, tie some things together that I had skimmed the first time.

This time, I cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment