Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Tonight in bible study, we took this test from Gary Chapman's The Five Love Languages. We were studying Ephesians 4, how we all have different gifts but are unified in Christ and we should maintain unity through love. (Good stuff.) So we took a test to find out how each girl in our study best receives love. The five ways are through: words of affirmation, quality time, receiving gifts, acts of service, and physical touch. All of the girls in our group turned out to be big on quality time. I wound up being "bilingual" in quality time and physical touch. Not really surprising actually, I think I would have been able to guess those were my main things. Interestingly though, most of the girls in our group tend to show love in the ways they scored lower in. I know a big one for me is acts of service, and I like giving gifts, but I'm not too big on receiving gifts, never have been.

This, of course led to wondering why. One explanation we came up with was that the areas that we haven't received much of are the ones we most crave while the ones we have received a lot of are how we learned to love.

Lots of good discussion, I would share it all, but I'm exhausted (for some odd reason) and am going to bed. I'll certainly be adding that book to my list...

No comments:

Post a Comment