Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Denial? What denial?

I knew this was coming. I just didn't think it would be so soon.
I just learned that my brother, who I though was headed for Iraq sometime in late March, is actually already there. My brother is in the Army (has been for 8 years or so) and pilots Kiowa helicopters. I know I said before that my brother wasn't the best growing up, and he wasn't. But I also haven't seen him much in the past 8 years, and not at all since he became a Christian. So he's changed a lot. And I do love him, always have, no matter what I may say about him.

Anyway, I am thankful that (a) my dad retired before this whole Iraq thing started and (b) my brother is going now and wasn't there when everything got going.

I think I may need a hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment