Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Sneak preview...

I've said before that it takes a while to get some things posted because I like to write out everything longhand first. I like to take my time and find exactly the words I want. One of the things I have been (and still am) working on is my view of my role as a woman and my (future...distant future) role as a wife. I couldn't help putting this up though...

Today at lunch, Becky and I were going through Proverbs 31:10-31. This is one of my favorite passages, particularly verses 10 and 30. We went through and pulled out the characteristics highlighted by each individual verse. All I can say is, wow. We found at least thirty distinct characteristics of an "excellent wife"; she is to be trustworthy, loyal, diligent, encouraging, supportive, honorable, whole-hearted and a good steward, just to name a few. It's quite a checklist. If ever there was a woman for me to envy it would be this ideal woman, she is definitely an example to follow.

May pursuit of such excellence be my life's goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment