Thursday, February 05, 2004

Curiouser and curiouser.

I really don't mean for this to be a daily journal but today has been the strangest day.

To start things off, I received an email this morning from someone I haven't heard from since high school graduation (almost 2 years ago). Turns out he had some things he has been wanting to tell me for some time (nothing bad), some things he wanted to come clean about, and has finally gotten around to doing it. So, after reading that, I left for class in a little bit of a daze.

I went to my eight o'clock class and--surprise!--we won't be having class at all next week because our teacher is going to a conference. Really it should be good news, but I wasn't terribly excited. I like getting up earlier in the morning but I've gotten into the habit of sleeping in to nine or so because I don't have many morning classes this semester, so next week I may wind up slipping entirely (especially Thursday as I won't have class until 3:30 which is just dangerous).

I went to work on math lab with Drau and we wound up working (and actually being productive) for 3 hours. So now I am ahead in at least one of my classes, which never happens with me. On schedule, maybe...behind, usually....ahead, never.

The topper to the day was lunch where the guy at the register really threw me for a spin. I have to share the entire conversation:

Me: Hello.
Him: Is that it for you today?
Me handing him my card:Yep.
Him taking card, going to swipe it, pausing without swiping it, looks at me: Lemme ask you this, do you like to sing?
Me wondering if he somehow knows me: Um..yeah.
Him: Well, I'm in this band and we are going to be doing some recordings in a few weeks and need some girls to sing background, interested?
Me thinking "Oh my gosh, he has my card hostage." I'm sorry, my schedule is already crammed too full.
Him: Well, it would be in like a month.
Me: Sorry, no.

He proceeded run my card through and give it back to me, I proceeded to exit Express as quickly as possible.

Makes me wonder what tomorrow is going to be like...

No comments:

Post a Comment