Tuesday, February 03, 2004

As long as I'm procrastinating

I don't quite understand how in college I spend hours staring at the computer, sitting in class, and hanging out (usually chatting, eating and playing games) yet have still managed to lose weight. Theory: low impact lifestyle + increased food intake= new diet trend. While I'm at it...student loans are actually the money the bank owes you after graduation and six hours is too much sleep.

Seems this semester is both better and worse than I was expecting. How, you ask? Well, I've already dropped from 18 down to 15 credits because (time-wise) there was no way I would be able to make it through them all with any shred of sanity left. The group of classes I'm left with is:
evolutionary Biology
Plant Taxonomy (and lab)
Wildlife Biology
Wildlife Field Biology (and lab)
Elementary Calculus with Trig.

Other than math, all of my classes have been evolution and classification systems. Granted, the focus is different in each class, but it's still evolution, evolution, and (oh yeah) evolution. I was a little nervous about dealing with all of them, but I am actually enjoying my classes. The material is certainly interesting, and at the very least I know where other people are coming from and why some people can be so pessimistic. I mean, if I thought that my entire existence -- every thought, every action, every emotion -- was just the result of some random chemical reaction or molecular collision and had no real purpose or significance I'm sure I would find it hard to see the up side of things. (I know better, see Psalm 139; but that's another post entirely.)

The thing that is going to absolutely kill me is fitting everything into my schedule. For Wildlife Field Biology, I have to come up with an observation/research project which will require an additional two hours of field research each week. Not only do I have no clue what I'm going to observe, I have no idea when I can possibly observe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment