Sunday, July 16, 2006

In-processing

Every part of going on staff with the Navigators has been spiritually challenging. Deciding to pursue EDGE Corps took a lot of intense prayer sessions, for both guidance and the strength to take the first step. The application process called for a lot of reflection on both my reasons for applying and my beliefs as a whole. My training (or Summit as we like to call it) threw me in the mix of 30-something other recent grads all with blazing faith which was both convicting and encouraging.

I've noticed a pattern in my life as of late: a great and growing desire to be utterly overtaken by and surrendered to God. That what I pray would not be my prayers, but His; not my song, but His; not my heart, but His; not my vision, not my passion, but His. My ambition is to be an empty vessel that He might be manifest. It's all a part of us decreasing so that He may increase; my greatest desire is to disappear entirely...

No comments:

Post a Comment