Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Happy Hunting Grounds

We had to have our dog put down on Monday. Her 12 years of life ended after a sudden onset of seizures. She was an old dog and we knew she wouldn't be with us much longer. I was rather prepared for it.

I think, for me, the most upsetting part of her death was the seizures. I hated the thought of her suffering more than that of losing her altogether.

Another thing that's been bothering me is how well I have been taking things. And getting used to there not being a head peeking around the corner whenever you are in the kitchen.

There is something amazing about God's joy. In prayer, I found that I wasn't praying for help through trouble or grief, but thanking God for the time Sophie was able to bless our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment