Saturday, February 05, 2005

Some things should just stay dead

Supposedly, if you hang on to something long enough it will come back into style. With all the retro/vintage fashion waves that have been about recently I've been excited to see many 40s and 50s inspired looks. I've even liked some of the 60s fabrics and sometimes the 70s funk that has shown up.
The one thing I dread. The thing that sparks convulsive twitching as I see it creeping back into our closets is the return of the 80s. Maybe it's because I lived through part of the decade and don't want to admit that I'm old enough for something I've worn to be "back in style." Maybe it's because it's the only "retro" decade that I've actually seen in person and could actually witness how bad things were at the time. Whatever it is, I'm fighting.
So I just about died yesterday when I saw a girl on campus in a black off-the-shoulder shirt, a white skirt, and black Spandex shorts underneath. She even had black sneakers to complete the outfit. If her hair wasn't so normal, I swear she could have passed for Cyndi Lauper. Except she wasn't looking for fun. Oh no, she was spotted well before lunch time. This was day-wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment