Saturday, September 18, 2004

That one hurts.

A friend of mine and her roommate came to swing for the first time last night. With them finally coming and myself getting back (I haven't been in a while) I was really excited. I was thrilled to help them learn, to watch as they learned on their own, and to re-learn things right along with them.

As I was watching both of them having such a good time out on the floor I had one of those moments. It was one of those things of watching something and finally seeing for the first time; the tap on the shoulder/gentle reminder combo that opens your eyes and hits you with a twisting conviction.

I realized that I have yet to be that excited over watching another person's faith. I've rarely (if ever) been so excited about helping someone learn, watching them grow, and learning with them that I just couldn't sit still.

I'm really praying that changes this year. I've already seen some excitement about leading, but nothing compared to this...

No comments:

Post a Comment