Sunday, August 22, 2004

Back to the books.

Well, not yet. Classes start tomorrow and right now I should be unpacking but I really hate putting clothes away so I'm stalling....

Anyway, a quick rundown of the academic challenges ahead this semester:
Physical Geology--Shouldn't actually be that hard (except for the rocks). I'm only taking this because "they" decided to change the requirements for my major and now it is required.

Technical Writing--Another class I'm only taking because "they" say so (just who are "they" anyway). I actually had signed up for it last semester but I dropped it after the first day of class because I knew there was no way I would be able to do well in it with all the other things I was taking at the time.

Survey of Forest Ecology and Management (and lab)--This one should actually be interesting. Any class that requires you to have a hard-hat automatically starts out with a load of cool points.

History of American Agriculture--The first history class I'll be taking for the minor I am adding. I really love History, I'm just not that good at it. Did I ever mention that, after a biological/life science, History would be my second choice as a major?

Law of Critical Environmental Areas--I think that I'm most excited about this class. From what I've heard about it, the teacher is awesome. Plus, from reading the syllabus, the midterm and final exams are take-home. I've never had a take-home exam before, this should be nice.

Ok, enough stalling for now. When I've got a little more done I may come back and right about church. I went to my friends' house church this morning and I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment