Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Grate Expectations

All the shopping I've been doing for my apartment has been very exciting. I'm getting all sorts of wonderful things, most of which are for my kitchen. (Well, not "my" kitchen, I will have a roommate.)

The hardest part of it all has been determining what I really need and what can wait. Example: I need a deep-dish pie plate, the 8 quart pot I want can wait. If you really think about it, I could probably get by with much less. I could probably manage with just a microwave, that's all I had last year and I made it through just fine. But I'm a girl. And I like to cook. So there.

The most exciting things I've gotten by far have been my canister set, my food/rice steamer, and my Rubbermaid Fold-Away(tm)grater, which is just totally awesome...I mean, it folds! How cool is that?

I don't really have that much left on my list of things I need. I still need a set of pans, a desk and chair, a dresser, a bookcase, a barstool...Ok, so maybe I need a bit more than I thought, but I've got a while before moving in, so I'm good, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment