Monday, March 29, 2004

I have this fortune (from the last time I was off campus for Chinese) that says:
The secret to good friends is no secret to you.

I don't know if there is a secret to having good friends, it's not like there is some interview process or special formula. I do find that I have the most amazing friends.

Today was a perfect example. I didn't really tell many people about my birthday (Ok, I did put it in my away message). I didn't have big plans: dinner with Laura and a call from home. The day was just one surprise after another.

It was supposed to be drizzly today, but not a drop of rain all day. It was absolutely beautiful.

I came home from class to find cards, birthday messages and a balloon (I love balloons). I thought this was awesome. No, make that aweXome. (Yeah, I don't think I'll ever be using that again, it just doesn't feel right.)

Anyway, so I headed off to study for Calculus absolutely elated.

When I got back to my room, my roommate had decorated the room (more balloons!!).
Dinner was wonderful, Laura and I had some quality girl time.

I headed back to my room to find some more review problems for Calc., got a Happy Birthday call from my parents. I felt like I would burst.

And then I got shanghaied. Instead of the study session I thought was coming, my friends showed up and hauled me off to Joe's for milkshakes.

I feel so blessed. Never before have I had friends that would do that sort of thing for me. Today has been one of the greatest birthdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment