Monday, February 23, 2004

Selah:

musical interlude; also pause/meditate/reflect

Can I just say how awesome gospel music is? We had VT-One Saturday and the Enlightened Gospel Choir was one of the groups that led worship. I think it is next to impossible not to praise when it comes to gospel. It is just raw worship--bone-shaking, soul-shattering worship...

Inspiring. I think some of it may have rubbed off on me by the time we (APEX band) got up to close. It made me realize that I've been holding back some when it comes to worship. But, oh, to let loose completely and worship with all your heart, emptying all of yourself before God.

Shout joyfully to God, all the earth;
Sing to the glory of His name;
Make His praise glorious.
Say to God, "How awesome are Thy works!
Because of the greatness of Thy power
Thine enemies will give feigned obedience to Thee.
All the earth will worship Thee,
And will sing praises to Thee;
They will sing praises to Thy name.
Selah

Psalm 66:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment