Thursday, January 22, 2004

Disclaimer

For those that have high hopes for this site, allow me to relieve you of such expectations. I have no aspirations to fame, no desire for recognition. I do not claim to have any spectacular insight on the world as it is, or as it should be. I will boast no wisdom on international affairs, religion, politics, or (for that matter) life in general. I promise only honesty and sincerity.
To be completely honest, I am not exactly sure why I am doing this in the first place. I suppose it is partially because, being a science major, I have very little opportunity to write for the sake of writing and I miss being able to ramble for pages and to be biased and subjective. I have thought about starting up for a while, but why I have chosen now is beyond me. Perhaps I have gone completely daft and just decided that, with such a crazy semester ahead, I needed to add one more thing to my plate. Maybe it is not that at all and I am just posting out of spite as certain individuals among my acquaintance did not think me to have the (how did they term it?) guts. I find it incredibly hard to resist a challenge.
I suppose an introduction is in order so that you may know who this is rambling on (and on, and on, and on). I am a Hokie. This is my first year at Virginia Tech, majoring in Wildlife Science. This is, however, my second year of college as I transferred from Christopher Newport University in Newport News, VA. Depending on who you ask, though, I may or may not be a sophomore. I certainly have sophomoric tendencies and this is only my second year, but credit-wise I am a junior. By the end of this semester I will be listed as a senior. Let me just say, thank God for IB and AP credits.
Which brings me to beliefs, I am a Christian, and a conservative one at that. I was raised going to Nazarene churches and now (when I am home) attend Calvary Chapel. Here at Tech, I am involved in the Navigators and I attend New Life Campus Fellowship [nlcf].
As for other background, my father served in the ARMY for 23 years. He enlisted before I was born and did not retire until after I graduated high school. In other words, I have done my 20 in the military and do not plan on going back in anytime soon. My brother, on the other hand, left for boot camp the day he graduated and is now piloting helicopters.
I have lived all over these fair United States (although I have never gotten to live overseas, unless you count Alaska). My mother is a teacher. She has only been teaching a couple of years as she went back to college as a non-traditional student and graduated with her B.A. in Biology in 2000.
So, there you go. Long post, I suppose, but it is good to get things established so that we have a starting point. I tend to be random, but I like to have a foundation for my randomness. As my friend aptly pointed out, I need an anchor.

No comments:

Post a Comment